Saturday, November 27, 2010

Week 7 Facebook and Twitter

This week we are supposed to explore Facebook and Twitter well I can't facebook anyone until my facebook account is restored as my delightful son instead of getting his own facebook account was using mine. My son works away at sea and doesn't usually have any internet reception but this time was different, usually  he uses it to just catch up with what the family is doing back here, check out photos of his niece and nephew and whatever we are doing at home not to chat to everyone but that was what he was doing this time, Jay messaged me "Oops sorry mum your facebook account is disabled but on the bright side I have started my own." Yay Jay now I have to wait til they reinstate it. (message to self don't use the same password for everything as everyone who knows you knows it).
Our library uses facebook to advertise events that are coming up in the library. It is a good way to stay in touch.

Twitter I know it is the same as facebook status updates but I don't think I'll ever be a twitterer as having a facebook account (when its not disabled) is enough as I don't update my status on there so why do I want yet another account and password that I need to remember. If you are that way inclined then all well and good. I'm not so after this week of twittering I'll never use it again. So if at the end of this week I change my mind about twittering I'll add to my post but I don't think that's gonna happen.

I started this course with 1 work email 1 home email and facebook account I now have a GMail account Rss feeds in google reader some wiki-wet pain account delicious and library thing now Twitter I'm all passworded out Oh and we have the BLOG as well lord I'm never going to remember everything oh well til next time.............................................................

Ooops forgot to include my Twitter name its bugglesbambi.

5 comments:

  1. Aaaah! I finally got through the faceless Facebook yesterday and this morning took the plunge into the Twittering pool! Share the same sentiments with you - I'll bid goodbye to the Facebook lovers and the twitterati members of Twitter once I can finish the assigments..too little time for me to chirp chirp chirp endlessly as a Burongkakatuah (viz. Old Bird) now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. passwords are painful, aren't they? I have yet to come up with a good way of remembering them, and the more important the content the more difficult they want your password to be! That said, how is that I can remember the 16 digit sequence of my credit card so easily yet not know how to access my yahoo account!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have to admit, I was one of the facebook skeptics and said that I would never have my own, I dont have many friends who are on it, but I have now after doing this found the confidence to open up the own private one. I am still a little scared but I guess I will try to continue to use it. I just find it really dificult to know what to write, but I guess that will come in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with your twitter comments and yes how to remember all the passwords

    ReplyDelete